Known Issue with Game Updates
There are known situations where the game fails to update during the installation process, and the message “Installation failed” will appear on screen.
If this occurs, try pressing the PS button to exit the game and restart. Restarting the game a few times may resolve the issue, but if this does not work, it is possible that the Game Data is corrupted; deleting the Game Data will solve the issue.
Deleting the Game Data will not delete any game progress, garage content or credits (as those are stored in your Saved Data), but it will cause the following issues:
- All Updates released since launch will need to be re-downloaded and installed again, this might take a long time depending on the user's network speed.
- All saved Replay Data files will be lost. Replay Data files exported previously from the "Library" page of the [Gallery] menu to an external device can be copied back once the game is updated again.
- All saved Photo files taken in Photo Travel or Race Photo will be lost. Photo files exported previously from the "Library" page of the [Gallery] menu to an external device can be copied back once the game is updated again.
If you decide to delete the Game Data anyway please follow the steps below:
(1) Go to the PS3™ XMB (Cross Media Bar) menu -> [Game] -> [Game Data Utility] folder and press the X button to enter the menu (do not delete any file within the [Save Data Utility (PS3™)] folder);
(2) Select the "Gran Turismo 6" file and press the △ button;
(3) Select “Delete” from the option menu and press the X button;
(4) Go back to the PS3™ XMB (Cross Media Bar) menu -> [Game] -> [Gran Turismo 6], press the X button to start the game and accept to download and install the Game Updates (An internet connection is required).
* Regarding issues occurring when updating "Gran Turismo 6" from Ver. 1.02 to 1.03, please refer to the corresponding "Related Links" below.