The Michelin Time Trial Challenge!
The Michelin Time Trial Challenge, a global competition hosted by Michelin, will begin on Thursday, October 19.
The car for this time trial challenge will be none other than the Porsche 918 Spyder ‘13, bathed in special Michelin livery. It will take all your skill to navigate the Porsche supercar around the tricky Road Atlanta race track in Georgia, which is known for its technical layout.
The challenge will take place from Thursday, October 19 to Sunday, October 29. You can enter this event at the Online Time Trial menu within the Sport pavilion in the GT7 World Map.
■ Entrant Eligibility
Entrants must be eighteen (18) years or older on the opening date (defined below), except residents of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the UAE, who must be twenty-one (21) years or older on the opening date.
The following is a list of eligible countries and regions:
Austria, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, India (excl. Nagaland), Israel, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates (UAE), United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Panama, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador, Paraguay, Honduras, Uruguay, Colombia, Nicaragua, Japan, Hong Kong (also known as Hong Kong, China), Taiwan (also known as Chinese Taipei), Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, China (also known as People's Republic of China.)
Invitation to the "Gran Turismo World Series" 2023 World Finals
The winner scores an invitation to attend the GTWS World Finals 2023 on December 2 and 3, 2023 in Barcelona, Spain, with one (1) adult guest. The winner will also receive the following:
- Return economy class flights, coach tickets or train tickets to the GTWS World Finals 2023 (as applicable, at the promoter’s sole discretion) for the winner and guest.
- Accommodation for the duration of the GTWS World Finals 2023 (choice of accommodation at promoter’s sole discretion) for the winner and guest.
- Return transfers from the airport, bus terminal or train station (as appropriate) to the accommodation site, on the dates of the inbound and outbound flights/buses/trains for the winner and guest.
- Return transfers from the accommodation site to the venue of the GTWS World Finals 2023 for the winner and guest.
- All meals during the GTWS World Finals 2023 for the winner and guest.
The Michelin-liveried Porsche Spider ‘13
All entrants who set a time in the Michelin Time Trial Challenge will be gifted the in-game Porsche 918 Spyder in the Michelin Livery. After the end of the Michelin Time Trial Challenge, entrants will receive an in-game notification in the Garage of their new car.
■ Michelin Time Trial Challenge Event Details
[UPDATE: 17 October 2023]
Some regulations in the event details have been changed as follows:
- Usable Tire changed from "Sports: Medium" to "Racing: Soft";
- BOP/Tuning Prohibited changed from "On (Mid-speed)" to "Off";
- Car Settings changed from "Allowed" to "Specified".
|Ranking Registration Period||Thursday, 19 October 2023 at 00:01 (UTC) - Sunday, 29 October 2023 at 23:59 (UTC)|
|Race Format||Global Online Time Trial in Gran Turismo 7|
|Car Used (Special Event Car)||Porsche 918 Spyder '13|
|Track||Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta|
|Useable Tyres||Racing: Soft|
|BoP/Tuning Prohibited||On (Mid-speed)|
|Shortcut Penalty||Invalidate Time|
|Wall Collision Penalty||Off|