Update Notice (2.00)
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:
[Major Changes and New Features]
- Standard Cars now given simplified interior views
The over 800 standard cars included in the game now feature simplified interior views. You can change your view using the SELECT button when racing.
*Unlike the interior view of premium cars, the simplified interior view is shown in a dark silhouette, and the gauges used for the car will be standard in-game instruments.
- New Opening Movie
A new opening movie is now available from "Gran Turismo TV". When you download this movie, it will replace the current opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within Gran Turismo TV.
- Addition of the Weather Changeability menu
On some tracks with weather changes, it is now possible for the user to set time and weather changes from the Quick Menu in both the Arcade Mode, and "Practice" section of GT Mode. In addition, you can make more detailed time and weather changes while editing in the Course Maker and in the online lounge.
- Multiple car settings/save feature
We’ve added a setting sheet feature that allows you to save multiple car settings.
From the [Setting Sheet] on the lower right of the screen, you can check the current settings. You can switch between three settings A, B, and C, allowing you to change between your personal settings easily according to the type of race and your objectives.
- 11 new NASCAR cars
The newest NASCAR 2011 models have been added to the car dealership. The new cars are the following:
Toyota 2011 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Tony Stewart #14 Office Depot CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'SR TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Toyota 2011 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Drive to End Hunger CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Chevrolet 2011 Juan Montoya #42 Target CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Ford 2011 AJ Allmendinger #43 Best Buy FORD FUSION '11
Chevrolet 2011 Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Toyota 2011 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 AMP Energy/National Guard CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Ford 2011 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION '11
- Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport model added
The Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport has been added to the car dealership. This is the car entered in the 2011 Nürburgring 24 hour race by Schulze Motorsports of Germany, and is the very car in which Yamauchi Kazunori raced and achieved a class victory.
- Avatar now usable in Photo Travel
An Avatar ON/OFF feature has been added to Photo Travel. Now you can photograph your avatar together with your car.
You can turn the driver avatar ON/OFF by pressing the △ button while positioning the car.
- Replay Fast Forward/Rewind
In replay video recorded after the 2.0 update, it is now possible to fast forward or rewind the replays with [Forward] and [Rewind] buttons.
You can now easily search for the scene you are looking for and repeatedly play back a certain section, making the photo mode even more fun to use.
-Improved Online Lounge
[Car Restrictions] has been added in the regulations. You can now choose categories such as "NASCAR" and "Super GT". Also, the variety of cars that can be used in the shuffle race has been increased, and a "Shuffle Base" setting now allows you to set the performance level of cars allocated to each player.
For details, please see Top screen - [Manual] - [Online Race] - [Event Settings] and the "Regulation Settings".
- Additional features to Remote Racing
A "Graph Display" has been added to the remote race screen in GT My Home of granturismo.com, where you can enjoy B-Spec racing. This allows you to see the changes in positions in each lap graphically. A time difference display for each car in the race has also been added.
- New Photo Stage Added
The "Indy: NASCAR Pit Stop" has been added to photo travel, check out the pit scenes of this US based motor sport.
- Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
When a user logs in consecutively, a bonus will now be applied to experience and race rewards.
It will increase to 110% in the 1st day, 130% in the 2nd day, 150% in the 3rd day, 170% in the 4th, to a maximum of 200% in the 5th day. This will apply to all events both online and offline, so logging in every day will make the game progress faster.
- DLC (Downloadable Content) Compatibility
A [Downloadable Content] button has been added to the lower right of the top screen. Here you can install the downloaded content purchased from the PlayStation®Store.
Please refer to the product information page of gran-turismo.com for details regarding downloadable content.
*The release of the DLC is planned for 18th October, 2011.
- Official Support for the G25/G27 Racing Wheels
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel and G27 Racing Wheel are now officially supported. You can now change the button allocation for race commands.
- Improvement of the User Interface
- The Quick Menu can now be accessed while the race is loading.
- It is now possible to save and resume endurance races.
- Two NASCAR cars selectable in Arcade Mode have been changed from the 2010 models to the 2011 models.
- In the Arcade Settings of [Options], the AI Car Characteristics setting has been added. You can now change the aggressiveness of the AI against you in Arcade races.
- Some effects of Traction Control have been adjusted. When the TCS level is set to 1, it will not come into effect as much especially in tight corners on dirt tracks.
- Surface Water and Tyre Load Indicator displays have been added to the race screen. The Tyre Load Indicator can be set from the Quick Options that is displayed during the race when the game is paused using the START button, or the standard Options menu.
- The option to Create Thumbnails of All Cars has been added to the context menu of the Garage. This will update the thumbnails of all cars in the garage.
- Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%.
- You can now change the Slipstream Strength setting in the lounge.
- In the Lounge and in [Option] - [General] - [Arcade], it is now possible to turn Visible Damage ON or OFF.
- A Drivetrain setting has been added to the regulation settings in the Lounge.
- A setting to prohibit "Tuning" of cars has been added to the regulations settings in the Lounge.
- Adjusted the driving speed of formula cars in banks, and auto-drive when coming onto straights.
- Added a button to [Reset Playlist to Original Settings] under the settings menus of [Menu BGM], [Race BGM] and [Slideshow BGM].
- User BGM can now also be set in [Slideshow BGM]
- A new brand "AMG" has been added to the MUSEUM.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where the "Torque Sensing Centre Differential" installed on a Lancer Evolution X was not functioning.
- Fixed an issue where you could participate in the Intermediate/Tarmac Rally of the Gran Turismo Rally in a Ferrari F1 by using the power limiter.
- Fixed an issue where the Controller Steering Sensitivity was not applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue where there was a server connection problem in certain network environments.
- Fixed an issue where auto-drive would make braking mistakes.
- Fixed an issue where the system would misjudge whether deceleration happens in time when making pit stops in the rain.
[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.
If the number starts with Ver. 2.00, you are playing the latest version of the game.
If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.