'TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup'
Please select the country (or locale) registered on your PSN Online ID.
Terms & Conditions for “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2021” Competition – U.S. and Canada (North America Region)
TOYOTA Competition and Entry Requirements
- The “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2021” competition (“TOYOTA Competition”) is open to persons who meet the Minimum Age Requirement (as defined below) and who are residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada except employees, agents, representatives, contractors or consultants of the Sponsor (as defined below) and their immediate families or those with whom they are otherwise domiciled, the Sponsor's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the TOYOTA Competition (“Entrants”).
- The “Sponsor” is: TOYOTA Motor Corporation, 1 Toyota-cho, Toyta City, Aichi, 471-8571, Japan. The “Administrator” is: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404 USA.
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years old. In the case of legal residents of certain jurisdictions where the legal age of majority is greater than 18 years of age, Entrants must have reached such legal age of majority at the time of entry (the “Minimum Age Requirement”).
- The TOYOTA Competition opens for entries on April 25, 2021 ("Opening Date") and last entries must be made before August 22, 2021 ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “TOYOTA Competition Period”.
- In order to enter the TOYOTA Competition, Entrants must complete the GT Sport Mode registration form which shall be presented to Entrants who select the ‘Sport Mode’ option within the Game during the TOYOTA Competition Period. Entrants must then select to play in the “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2021” Online Series set of races (each an “Entry”). This competition is only open to Entrants who own or have access to a PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 console and a copy of Gran Turismo™ Sport (“Game”) and have a current PlayStation®Plus subscription as of the Opening Date; Entrants must maintain such ownership or access to the console, game, and subscription throughout the TOYOTA Competition Period. By entering the TOYOTA Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
- Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry for the TOYOTA Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, the FIA GT Championships Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series are different tournaments to the TOYOTA Competition. All competitions listed under the ‘Sport Mode’ of the Game, shall involve online races at different times.
- It is prohibited for Entrant(s) to create duplicate accounts in order to compete, to increase their chances of qualifying or progressing through the TOYOTA Competition or to disrupt another Entrant’s performance during a race. It is also prohibited to have someone else competing on behalf of an Entrant, and to intentionally exchange positions during a race. In such events, the Administrator reserves its right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify such Entrant(s).
- Prizes (as defined below) must be taken as stated and may not be deferred, transferred or re-sold. There will be no cash alternatives; however, the Administrator reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value. All Prizes will be delivered to the confirmed TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner and Runners-Up by the Promoter unless otherwise claimed by them during the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup. Entrants from Canada may be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time prior to being declared a confirmed TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner or Runners-up and awarded a Prize.
- The Sponsor cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any TOYOTA Competition Entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
- In the event of a dispute, the Sponsor’s decision is final.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the TOYOTA Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control (provided, in the Province of Quebec, Canada, it will be with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (“Régie”)).
- If any Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s and/or a Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
- Each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner and TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Sponsor.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with these Terms, or the Additional Terms (where applicable), they will be excluded from the TOYOTA Competition and their Entry will be declared void.
- Each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner and each Runner-Up (as defined later herein) may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
- Each Entrant competing must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) or, if a resident of Canada, a Declaration and Release Form (“Declaration”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit or Declaration by August 18, 2021 or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify Entrant. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period (but in any case no longer than ten (10) calendar days), as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, publish each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name on the Sponsor’s website(s). Each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner’s and each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2021’ to the following address: TOYOTA Motor Corporation, 1 Toyota-cho, Toyota City, Aichi, 471-8571, Japan within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
- Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The TOYOTA Competition begins with the Online Series.
- Entrants compete in-Game through an Online Series (detailed below) to earn a spot at the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Online World Final Event (the “TOYOTA Final”).
- The Online Series consists of seven (7) Rounds, as detailed here:
Entrants shall be awarded points based on:
a) their final position in each race; and
b) the average driver rating of the Entrants they race against in each race.
- The Final Score is tallied from the Entrant’s best four (4) Rounds, out of seven (7) Rounds. There will be only one (1) race entry per Round.
- The Final Score determines the position of each Entrant in the “Online Ranking”.
- Following the end of the Online Series, three (3) competitors from the North America Region (each a "North America Finalist”) shall proceed to the TOYOTA Final.
North America Finalists shall:
- Participate in a series of online races, which will be defined by the Administrator and communicated to the North America Finalists no later than one (1) week prior to the event by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Administrator.
- Participate in test sessions if required by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Administrator.
- Participate in the races with driver cameras provided by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Administrator and take part in any content related activities such as video chat sessions if required by Polyphony Digital Inc., on behalf of the Administrator.
- Follow guidelines provided by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Administrator regarding car liveries, driver liveries, car colour selection and other race related settings.
- Refrain from communicating about the online races without explicit consent from Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Administrator (including, but not limited to: streaming the races, distributing results, etc.)
- The TOYOTA Final is one (1) Online Event during which 24 Finalists selected globally including the North America Finalists shall race to determine the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Online World Final Event Winner (the “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner”).
- The TOYOTA Final shall take place online on 5 November 2021.
- The rules for the TOYOTA Final will be set out by Polyphony Digital prior to the commencement of the event.
- Three (3) North America Finalists shall compete in the TOYOTA Final.
- The “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner” shall be the finalist with the highest score from all applicable Online Event races. The “Runners-Up” shall be the finalists with the second and third highest score from all applicable Online Event races.
- The TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner shall be notified of their selection after the conclusion of the Online Event and can choose to claim their TOYOTA Cup Prize at that time. The Promoter shall provide information relating to the TOYOTA Final to the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner by email to the email address provided in the GT Sport Mode registration form.
- Three (3) Prizes will be awarded in the TOYOTA Final. The TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner will win a winner’s trophy. Two (2) Runners-Up will win a runner-up trophy each. The Prizes have no retail value.
- By entering this Competition, Entrants confirm that they will permit the Promoter, and/or Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Promoter, to include footage of their gameplay and their image/likeness in broadcasts of the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup and on social media or blog posts connected to the Competition and subsequent years’ Gran Turismo Championships worldwide. To withdraw this consent, contact the Promoter.
- By entering this Competition, Entrants confirm they will not communicate or discuss details about the Competition, including, but not limited to: results, images/video of the races, livestreams of the races, etc.
The TOYOTA Online Series
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2021 Calendar
|Rd.1: April 25||Rd.4: June 20||Rd.7: August 22|
|Rd.2: May 23||Rd.5: July 04|
|Rd.3: May 30||Rd.6: July 18|
The TOYOTA Final
Broadcasts of the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup: