'TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup'
Please select the country (or locale) registered on your PSN Online ID.
Terms & Conditions for “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022” Competition – U.S. and Canada (North America Region)
TOYOTA Competition and Entry Requirements
- By entering the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022 (“TOYOTA Competition”), Entrants (as defined below) accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
- The “Sponsor” is: TOYOTA Motor Corporation, 1 Toyota-cho, Toyota City, Aichi, 471-8571, Japan. The “Administrator” is: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404 USA.
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years old. In the case of legal residents of certain jurisdictions where the legal age of majority is greater than 18 years of age, Entrants must have reached such legal age of majority at the time of entry (the “Minimum Age Requirement”).
This competition is only open to Entrants who own or have access to a PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 console and a copy of Gran Turismo™ 7 (“Game”) and have a current PlayStation®Plus subscription as of the Opening Date(1); Entrants must maintain such ownership or access to the console, game, and subscription throughout the TOYOTA Competition Period.
(1) PlayStation®Plus (“PS Plus”) is only available to individuals who have accounts for PSN and high-speed internet. PSN and PS Plus are subject to PSN Terms of Service and PS Plus Usage Terms. PS Plus is an ongoing subscription subject to a recurring subscription fee taken automatically (at the then-current PS Store price) for your selected subscription tier at the frequency you choose at purchase, until cancellation. PS Plus content and benefits vary by subscription tier and subscriber age. PS Plus users must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent. Game library varies over time and tier. See https://www.playstation.com/Plus for details and updates on PS Plus offerings.
- The TOYOTA Competition opens for entries on May 15, 2022 at 16:00 Pacific Time ("Opening Date") and last entries must be made before August 28, 2022 at 18:00 Pacific Time ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “TOYOTA Competition Period”.
- In order to enter the TOYOTA Competition, Entrants must complete the 'Sport mode' registration form which shall be presented to Entrants who select the ‘Sport mode’ option within the Game during the TOYOTA Competition Period. Entrants must then select to play in the “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022” Online Series set of races (each an “Entry”).
- Each Entrant may only submit one (1) Entry for the TOYOTA Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, the 2022 Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cup are different tournaments to the TOYOTA Competition. All competitions listed under the ‘Sport mode’ of the Game shall involve online races at different times.
- It is prohibited for Entrant(s) to create duplicate accounts in order to compete, to increase their chances of qualifying or progressing through the TOYOTA Competition or to disrupt another Entrant’s performance during a race. It is also prohibited to have someone else competing on behalf of an Entrant, and to intentionally exchange positions during a race. In such events, the Administrator reserves its right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify such Entrant(s).
- Prizes (are defined below) and must be taken as stated and may not be deferred, transferred or re-sold. There will be no cash alternatives; however, the Administrator reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value. All Prizes will be delivered to the confirmed TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner and Runners-Up by the Promoter unless otherwise claimed by them during the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup. Entrants from Canada may be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time prior to being declared a confirmed TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner or Runners-up and awarded a Prize.
- The Sponsor cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any TOYOTA Competition Entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
- In the event of a dispute, the Sponsor’s decision is final.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the TOYOTA Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control. E.g. this could include a change to the location of the live event due to coronavirus.
- If any Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Sponsor must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner’s and/or a Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
- Each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner and TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Sponsor.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with these Terms, or the Additional Terms (where applicable), they will be excluded from the TOYOTA Competition and their Entry will be declared void.
- Each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner and each Runner-Up (as defined later herein) may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
- Each Entrant competing must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) or, if a resident of Canada, a Declaration and Release Form (“Declaration”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit or Declaration by August 28, 2022 or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify Entrant. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period (but in any case no longer than ten (10) calendar days), as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, publish each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name on the Sponsor’s website(s). Each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner’s and each TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022’ to the following address: TOYOTA Motor Corporation, 1 Toyota-cho, Toyota City, Aichi, 471-8571, Japan within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
- Entrants shall enter the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup via the ‘Sport mode' within the Game.
- The TOYOTA Competition consists of the Online Series (detailed below at paragraph 23) and the TOYOTA Final Live Event.
- The Online Series consists of seven (7) Rounds, as detailed here:
- The TOYOTA Final Live Event will take place in November 2022 at a location to be specified on gran-turismo.com and on toyotagazooracing.com/e-motorsports/.
Entrants shall be awarded points based on:
a) their final position in each race; and
b) the average driver rating of the Entrants they race against in each race.
- The Final Score is tallied from the Entrant’s best four (4) Rounds, out of seven (7) Rounds. There will only be one (1) race counted towards their Online Ranking per Round. Entrants may participate in any race of each Round. However, only the points earned in the last race of the day will count towards their Online Ranking for that Round. (i.e. if an Entrant competes in three races in Round 4 on 3 July 2022, only the points earned in the last of the three races will be counted).
- The Final Score determines the position of each Entrant in the “Online Ranking”.
- Following the end of the Online Series, three (3) competitors from the NORTH AMERICA Region (each a “NORTH AMERICA Finalist”) shall proceed to the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup World Final Event (the ‘TOYOTA Final’).
NORTH AMERICA Finalists shall receive:
- an invitation to attend and participate in the World Finals Live Event which shall take place on the dates set out in clause 23.
- return economy class flights, coach tickets or train tickets to the World Finals Live Event (as applicable, in the Promoter’s sole discretion);
- accommodation for the duration of the World Finals Live Event (choice of accommodation, at the Promoter’s sole discretion);
- transport to and from the airport, bus terminal or train station (as appropriate) to the accommodation, on the dates of the inbound and outbound flights/buses/trains;
- return transport from the accommodation to the venue of the World Finals Live Event; and
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided to the Finalists during the World Finals Live Event.
- The approximate retail value of each Finalist’s prize is $3,000.00 USD. The cost of flights will vary depending on many factors, including the country of departure and the date of booking.
- The TOYOTA Final is one (1) Live Event during which 24 Finalists selected globally including the NORTH AMERICA Finalists shall race to determine the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup World Final Event Winner (the “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner”).
- The TOYOTA Final shall take place in November 2022 (dates to be specified on gran-turismo.com and on toyotagazooracing.com/e-motorsports/).
- The rules for the TOYOTA Final will be set out by Polyphony Digital prior to the commencement of the event.
- Three (3) NORTH AMERICA Finalists shall compete in the TOYOTA Final.
- The “TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner” shall be the finalist with the highest score from all applicable Event races. The “Runners-Up” shall be the finalists with the second and third highest score from all applicable Event races.
- The TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner shall be notified by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Promoter of their selection by email to the email address associated with their account for PSN within one (1) month after the conclusion of the Online Series (as set out in paragraph 23) and can choose to claim their TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Prize at that time. Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Promoter shall also provide more information relating to the TOYOTA Final to the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner.
- Three (3) Prizes will be awarded in the TOYOTA Final. The TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Winner will win a winner’s trophy. Two (2) Runners-Up will win a runner-up trophy each. The Winner’s Trophy has a value of $250.00. The Trophy of the two (2) Runners-Up has a value of $150.00.
- Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Promoter, will contact Winners and Runners-Up at the email address associated with their account for PSN no later than one (1) month after the conclusion of the TOYOTA Final (as set out in paragraph 24) for the delivery of their Prize.
- By entering this TOYOTA Competition, Entrants confirm that they will permit the Administrator, and/or Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Administrator, to include footage of their gameplay and their image/likeness in broadcasts of the Toyota Final and on social media or blog posts connected to the TOYOTA Competition and subsequent years’ Gran Turismo Championships worldwide. To withdraw this consent, contact the Administrator.
- By entering this TOYOTA Competition, Entrants confirm they will not communicate or discuss details about the TOYOTA Competition, including, but not limited to: results, images/video of the races, livestreams of the races, etc.
The TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022 Calendar
|Rd.1: May 15||Rd.4: July 3||Rd.7: August 28|
|Rd.2: May 22||Rd.5: July 24|
|Rd.3: June 5||Rd.6: August 14|
Important note: Due to the coronavirus, the location of the live event is subject to change or cancellation. It is possible that the live event could become an online event. The most up-to-date information on the location and formation of the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup can be found on gran-turismo.com and on toyotagazooracing.com/e-motorsports/.
The TOYOTA Final
Broadcasts of the TOYOTA Competition, including the TOYOTA Final: