- GT Academy 2015 Introduction
The GT Academy is a driver discovery/development program started in 2008 through a collaboration between Gran Turismo and Nissan.
The first stage consists of online qualifications organized within Gran Turismo. The top qualifiers will then be invited to participate in National Final events held within each eligible country. The winners of the National Finals for each of the European, Asian and International regions will then participate in a Race Camp held at famous track locations (such as Silverstone, UK) for the final selection process for their region. The final winner of each region will then undergo an intensive Driver Development Program designed by Nissan and will be given an opportunity to participate in the Dubai 24 Hours race held in January 2016.
The 7th installment of the GT Academy for 2015 will start its online qualification from April 21st within Gran Turismo 6, exclusively on PlayStation®3. We hope to see you online!
Please note that those who do not live within the participating countries below can still enjoy the content of the online events, however they will not be eligible for the final selection process for GT Academy 2015.
Online Event Schedule
Take the challenge in this time trial on the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit in a Nissan GT-R NISMO! You can advance to Round 2 with a Bronze or better.
On a flat and wide track like Silverstone, sticking to the proper racing line is vital. Set your apexes to just inside of the curbs to keep your speeds up through the corners, and make sure you use the entire width of the track.
Take the challenge in this time trial on the Brands Hatch GP circuit in the GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy - Team RJN! You can advance to Round 3 with a Bronze or better.
Although the car may look like the GT-R you drove in Round 1, the GT3 is a different animal altogether. With gobs of downforce and sticky race tires, the GT-R Nismo GT3 has significantly higher performance than the stock car and takes much more skill to drive fast. To be successful here, you'll need to maximize the potential of this intense purpose-built machine.
Take the challenge in this time trial on the Spa Francorchamps in a LMP2 class prototype race car; the Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport! You will receive this car just by participating (*) in the event, and can advance to the final round with Bronze or better results.
A smooth-revving engine and straightforward handling makes this car surprisingly easy to drive; however, it's still a race car, so if you're not careful, it'll bite you when you least expect it. You'll want to be especially careful on the throttle in mid- to low-speed corners where the car’s balance can be upset easily.
(Regardless of your laptime, you must drive at least 1 full timed lap.)
- Round 4 (Final Qualification Round)
- 3:00 (EST) 02 June 2015 until 02:59 (EST) 16 June 2015
- Read More
The Nissan GT-R LM NISMO possesses state-of-the-art technology both inside and out, making it one of the most potent machines ever produced by the Nissan Motor Company. It will be slated to do battle in the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race and the FIA World Endurance Championships, so it's only fitting that the GT Academy Final Round will be a time trial featuring this LMP1 Class race car on the famous Circuit de la Sarthe. You will receive this car just by participating in this event*.
Those residing in countries/regions hosting the GT Academy will be able to advance to the national final by placing in the upper ranks of this time trial. (For details please visit http://www.gran-turismo.com/ )
*Regardless of your laptime, you must drive at least 1 full timed lap.
* You can start anytime before the end of Round 4.
How to participate the online qualification
Start Gran Turismo 6 on your PlayStation®3 and select [GT Academy 2015] from the [My Home] screen which will appear during the online qualification period. You will need to update Gran Turismo 6 to the latest version prior to participating. Be sure your PlayStation®3 is connected to internet in order to receive the latest updates.
GT Academy 2015 Participating Territories
|Region||Group||Territory||Number from Online Game||Number from Live Events||Places at Race Camp for market|
|GT Academy Asia||India||India||10||10||6|
|GT Academy International||Turkey||Turkey||10||10||6|
|North Africa||Egypt, Algeria, Morocco||n/a||20||6|
- Recent News
- Last Updated: Jun 23, 2015
- Team GT Academy Takes the Overall Win and leads the Blancpain Endurance Series
- GT Academy
- On June 20th (local time) Round 3 of the Blancpain Endurance Series, the “Paul Ricard 1000 km” was held at the Paul Ricard circuit in France. The Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 (#23/PRO Class) of the Nissan GT Academy Team RJN (Wolfgang Reip/Alex Buncombe/Katsumasa Chiyo) took the overall win which was the f...
- Last Updated: Jun 02, 2015
- GT Academy 2015 - Get the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO in the final qualification round!
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6, GT6 News
- Round 4 of GT Academy 2015 online events is now available within the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6". This is the Final Qualification Round. The participants of this round can obtain the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO in the game for free by completing a lap regardless of the lap time. (1)...
- Last Updated: May 26, 2015
- Jann Mardenborough Named as the 50th Most Marketable World Athlete by SportsPro Media
- GT Academy
- 2011 European GT Academy winner Jann Mardenborough has been announced as the fiftieth most marketable athlete in the world joining a list of superstars such as Messi, Bolt and Hamilton. Jann, who has progressed through the ranks of motorsport since his victory in 2011 NISMO PlayStation® GT Academy,...
- Last Updated: May 25, 2015
- GT Academy Graduates Rise to the Podium
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6
- While the GT Academy 2015 online qualifiers approaches its climax, the previous GT Academy graduates are continuing to produce outstanding results in the racing world. On Sunday, May 10th in the 2nd race of the GP3 series opening round held in conjunction with the F1 Spain Grand Prix, 2011 European...
- Last Updated: May 19, 2015
- GT Academy 2015 - Round 3 Now Open
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6, GT6 News
- Round 3 of GT Academy 2015 online events is now available within the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6" for all to enjoy! While the GT Academy 2015 event is open, users can start from Round 1 at any time. For a list of participating countries and event schedules, please refer to the rel...