- GT Academy 2013 Introduction
Here's your chance to fulfill your dream in becoming a professional race car driver. The GT Academy 2013 is a driving school open for a limited time, where you can experience Gran Turismo 6 in advance prior to its release.
Players will experience circuit driving guided by GT Academy racing driver Lucas Ordoñez, and learn sports driving skills while attempting to shorten their lap times. The main stage for the Academy is the holy ground of motorsports, the Silverstone circuit. Feel the excitement of the final selection round!
The GT Academy 2013 online qualifiers will run from Tuesday July 2nd to Sunday July 28th. Those ranked in the upper ranks will gain access to the upper levels of the competition.
|2 July 2013 until 30 July 2013||GT Academy 2013 demo available for download from the PlayStation®Store|
|2 July 2013 until |
18:59 EDT 28 July 2013
|The GT Academy 2013 online qualifying event in the demo is available. Please note that the other demo events will be available until 10:59 EDT 31 August 2013|
|August 31, 2013, 10:59 EDT||Expiration of the GT Academy 2013 demo|
Connect to the PlayStation®Store from the XMB (cross media bar) of the PlayStation®3, and download the free GT Academy 2013 demo. You can also dowonload it from SEN Online Store with your PC.
Begin playing the demo. As the demo progresses, GT Academy 2013 will become available, consisting of 5 events. Play the first 4 non-competitive rounds of the demo. Residents of GT Academy 2013 participating territories who progress to the 5th and final round (GT Academy 2013 online qualification round), will be required to accept terms of agreement before proceeding. These terms will be displayed in the demo before the online qualification round and you should only participate in the online qualification round if these terms are acceptable to you.
The result attained in the online qualification round will be used to determine which entrants from GT Academy 2013 participant territories may progress to further stages in the competition. Your ranking within your participating territory will be displayed, so aim for the top!
If you are eligible to progress to further stages of the competition based on your results in the online qualification round, we will contact you using the details registered in your SEN account. Please double check that your contact details in your SEN account are up to date before the end of the online qualifying period on 28 July 2013.
• All contents of the demo are available to those living in and out of GT Academy participant territories. However, please be aware that those in non-participant territories will not be eligible to participate in the online qualification round.
• Competition entrants must be aged 18 or over. Terms and conditions apply, for more information, please check the "Terms and Conditions" section.
GT Academy 2013 Participating Territories
|Region||Group||Territory||No. of Qualifiers to National Finals||No. of Qualifiers to Race Camp||Race Camp Date|
|From Online Event||From Live Event|
|Europe||France||France||16||8||6||4th - 12th September|
|Italy||Italy||16||8||6||4th - 12th September|
|UK||UK||16||8||6||4th - 12th September|
|Spain||Spain||9||5||4||4th - 12th September|
|Portugal||Portugal||7||3||2||4th - 12th September|
|Holland||Holland||8||4||3||4th - 12th September|
|Belgium & Luxembourg||Belgium||8||4||3||4th - 12th September|
|Luxembourg||4th - 12th September|
|CEE||Poland||4||2||6||4th - 12th September|
|Czech Republic||4||2||4th - 12th September|
|Slovakia||4||2||4th - 12th September|
|Hungray||4||2||4th - 12th September|
|NNE||Sweden||4||2||6||4th - 12th September|
|Finland||4||2||4th - 12th September|
|Denmark||4||2||4th - 12th September|
|Norway||4||2||4th - 12th September|
|Russia||Russia||Russia||24||4||14||28th September - 4th October|
|Germany||Germany||Germany||16||8||12||28th September - 4th October|
- Recent News
- Last Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Gamer Takes "Real" Step Towards F1
- GT Academy
- Jann Mardenborough will compete in Formula One feeder series, GP3, in 2014 with the championship-winning Arden International team. The 2011 GT Academy winner also joins an intensive driver development programme with Infiniti Red Bull Racing, the most successful Formula One team of recent times. In...
- Last Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Nick McMillen announced as the 2013 GT Academy US Champion
- GT Academy
- This year more than 400,000 racers entered for the chance compete at Silverstone for the GT Academy crown but there can be only one. Nick McMillen from Salem, Oregon is the 2013 GT Academy Champion and NISMO Athlete. It came down to the final turn in the final race in what was almost a repeat of t...
- Last Updated: Sep 14, 2013
- 2013 GT Academy Winner Decided
- GT Academy
- On Wednesday September 11, 2013, the final selection round of the 5th GT European Academy reached the last day of its final selection round, and Miguel Faisca, a 24 year old student from Lisbon, Portugal became the winner of the GT Academy. In the seven tough days of race camp that took place at the...
- Last Updated: Jul 30, 2013
- GT Academy Graduate Team Achieves a 3rd Place Podium Finish in the Spa 24 Hour Race
- GT Academy
- The final race of the Spa 24 Hour Race was held at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit in Belgium, from Saturday 27 July to Sunday 28 July. Six GT Academy graduates participated in this race in two Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3s, with car #35 winning a 3rd place in the Pro-Amateur class (7th overall), putting the...
- Last Updated: Jul 11, 2013
- Goodwood Hill Climb Track Is Coming to GT6™
- GT Academy , Event Report , Gran Turismo®6
- The UK's renowned 1.86 km Hill Climb at Goodwood will join Silverstone and Willow Springs as a new track on Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3. Center piece of the annual Festival of Speed in England, Goodwood is the latest addition to Gran Turismo's impressive line-up of 33 locations, with 71 differe...