- 2012 Russia
- Mark Shulzhitskiy
- Born : 11 July 1989
- Hometown / Resides : Vladivostok, Russia / Vladivostok, Russia
- 2012 Nissan PlayStation® GT Academy Russia Winner
- 2013 Dubai 24 Hours, 2nd Place in SP3 Class
- 2013 Blancpain Endurance Series, 2nd Place in Pro-Am Class at Paul Ricard
- 2014 European Le Mans Series, competed with Greaves Motorsport
- 2014 Blancpain Endurance Series, competed with Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3
- 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours, Competing with OAK Racing
- 2014 Testing the Ligier JS P2 for Onroak Automotive
Mark Shulzhitskiy is the first winner of GT Academy Russia. After taking the top prize in August 2012 Mark joined Nissan’s intensive driver development programme where he honed his racing skills and took part in many domestic races in order to gain his international race licence. The GT Academy graduates may not have come through the traditional racing ladder but they serve their apprenticeship at some cold and wet race tracks during the development programme!
Mark’s prize for winning GT Academy was a drive at the Dubai 24 Hours in January 2013 and it soon became apparent that all of his hard work on the driver development programme had turned him into a good professional racing driver. Along with his team mates Lucas Ordonez, Wolfgang Reip and fellow Russian Roman Rusinov, Mark raced to a commendable second place in class on his international debut.
Mark was then selected to become a NISMO Athlete and race a Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 car in the FIA GT and Blancpain Endurance Series. Just three races into the Blancpain season Mark scored his first podium finish with a brilliant second place at Paul Ricard.
In 2013 Nissan launched the NISMO Global Driver Exchange, a programme that gives Nissan’s roster of racing drivers opportunities to race all over the world. Mark’s first exchange drive was the MMER 12-hour race at the Sepang International Circuit in Kuala Lumpur. Shortly after that he made his LMP2 debut in Shanghai in November 2013 at the Chinese round of the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Mark made his Le Mans debut in 2014, racing alongside Jann Mardenborough and Alex Brundle in the OAK Racing Ligier-Nissan. He also continued to compete in the GT3 GT-R throughout the year and raced the Greaves Motorsport LMP2 car at Estoril.
- Recent News
- Last Update: Jun 23, 2015
- Team GT Academy Takes the Overall Win and Leads the Blancpain Endurance Series
- GT Academy
- On 20 June (local time), the “Paul Ricard 1000 km” was held at the Paul Ricard circuit in France, Round 3 of the Blancpain Endurance Series. The Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 (#23/PRO Class) of the Nissan GT Academy Team RJN (Wolfgang Reip/Alex Buncombe/Katsumasa Chiyo) took the overall win, and this is act...
- Last Update: Jun 02, 2015
- GT Academy 2015 - Round 4 Now Open to Win the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO In-game!
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6, GT6 News
- Round 4 (Final Round) of the GT Academy 2015 online event is now available within the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6". This is the Final Qualification Round. The participants of this round can obtain the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO in the game for free by completing a lap regardless of t...